Website Professional BoatBuilder magazine
Professional BoatBuilder, the leading international trade publication for boat designers, builders, and repairers, seeks a full-time reporter/writer/editor. The successful candidate will have at least five years professional marine industry experience, and five years journalistic experience writing and editing to exacting standards. Journalism, literature, or communications degree preferred. He or she will have solid and reliable computer and social media skills, the ability and willingness to travel, and will be very comfortable interacting by phone and in person with varied industry sources. He or she will work independently reporting to and coordinating with the company’s editorial and production teams in Maine.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Energetically discovering and cultivating connections and relationships with individuals and yards engaged in yacht and boat design, building, repair, and refit.
- Reporting and writing original feature-length and brief content for the bimonthly technical magazine and its associated website and newsletters. Subjects include individual builders, designers, engineers, artisans, and technicians, as well as boats, boatyards, refit projects, and technical and material advances in the state of the boatbuilding art.
- Cultivating and maintaining marine industry contacts domestically and internationally.
- Cultivating, managing, and coaching freelance writers and experienced industry sources to draft their own editorial contributions.
- Photography and videography of individuals, boats, boatyards, refit projects, and other technical, and industrial subjects.
- Sourcing and selection of artwork for publication.
- Editing of magazine copy in coordination with the production team in Maine.
- Frequent posting to ProBoat’s social media and online presence.
- Travel as necessary for editorial projects and assignments, and for participation in certain industry-related shows and events including the magazine’s annual REFIT show in Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
- Related duties as assigned.
Candidates must submit resume, clippings of published work and writing samples that illustrate quality, clarity and economy of writing style applied to technical and marine subjects. We welcome samples of relevant photography, video, broadcast/podcast, or boatbuilding/repair experience.
Salary DOE complete with competitive benefits program. Professional BoatBuilder is an equal opportunity employer.
Please send applications or inquiries to:Andrew Breece
Publisher, Professional BoatBuilder magazine
P.O. Box 78
Brooklin, ME 04616