Last year Binks introduced a new line of air-operated diaphragm pumps for single spray gun applications. The DX70 line has built-in regulators with a maximum flow rate of 1.1 gpm
(4.1 lpm) and is intended for use with paint and other low-viscosity coatings. Product manager Skye Stapella says this reduces the cost and complexity of having additional fluid regulators or surge chambers.
Other noteworthy features include:
- Air valve for quiet surge-free paint delivery to up 34 fl oz/min (1000 cc/min)
- Acetal pump body with stainless steel balls and soft seats for universal compatibility for solvents and water-based materials
- Air-operated 1:1 pump ratio diaphragm pump
- Multiple configurations: wall, cart, tripod, and pail options
- Agitator or gravity fed
- 60 or 100 (standard) mesh filter
- Maximum air pressure: 100 psi/7 bar
- Nominal airflow volume/cycle: 0.018 gal (0.07 l).
The pumps also are available as assembled “outfits” with the Trophy HVLP Spray Gun; 1.0mm, 1.4mm, and 1.8mm setups; 25‘/7.6m of Ergoflex hose; 25‘ of fluid hose; and a five-year warranty. A check of distributor prices online showed $1,600 for the wall-mount outfit (DX70R3-WF), and $1,850 for the cart-mount outfit (DX70R3-CF).
Stapella: “For high-solids coatings with higher viscosities, we recommend using the higher-pressure MX piston pump series. The DX70 is a small diaphragm pump that is easy to flush and also provides customers with a fast color-change option. Furniture manufacturers often use the DX70 for applying stains in applications that require many colors due to the ability to change colors quickly. The DX70 also is available with a hopper for low-volume applications.”
Binks, along with DeVilbiss, BGK, and Ransburg, are members of Finishing Brands, a Carlisle company.
Binks, tel. 800–99–BINKS, website www.binks.com.