Commissions & Discounts
- AGENCY COMMISSIONS: 15% discount is allowed to recognized advertising agencies for ROP display print ads. Digital rates are net. The publisher may hold advertiser and its agency jointly and severally liable for all sums due and payable to the publisher.
- PAYMENT: 2% cash discount for ROP display ads allowed on net (after agency commission) if paid within 10 days of invoice. Net amount is due 60 days from invoice date. Carrying charge is 1.5% of the unpaid balance each month.
- BLEEDS: Available at no extra charge (for full-page ads only.)
- INSERTS: Supplied single sheet printed on one or both sides: onetime page rate. Multiple sheet inserts: one-time page rate for first sheet, succeeding sheets receive 15% discount from first sheet rate. Business reply cards or postcard inserts: one-time 1⁄2-page rate accompanied by a minimum of 1⁄2-page display ad at earned rate. Inserts are non-commissionable. All inserts must be reviewed and approved in advance by the Advertising Department. Inserts must be delivered two weeks from due date. Consult Advertising Department for exact quantity, mechanical and paper requirements, production and postage costs, and shipping instructions.
- CANADIAN AND FOREIGN ADVERTISERS: Please remit net in U.S. funds drawn on a U.S. bank through credit card or international money order. If paying by wire transfer, please instruct your bank to “Pay Beneficiary in Full.” Consult the Advertising Department for further details.
Contract & Copy Regulations
The publisher reserves the right to reject any advertising, or to request alteration in content prior to publication, if said advertising is not deemed suitable for the magazine. All advertising is accepted and published upon the representation that the advertiser and its agency have the right to publish the contents thereof. In consideration of the publisher’s acceptance of such advertising for publication, the advertiser and its agency will indemnify and save the publisher harmless from and against any loss or expense by reason of any claims arising out of publication. The publisher reserves the right to place the word “Advertisement” over advertising matter that simulates editorial content or is not clearly identified as advertising. The publisher assumes no liability for errors in key numbers, back-to-back coupon placement, or index to advertisers. Publisher’s liability to advertiser or agency on account of errors in or omissions of the advertising material described herein shall in no event exceed the amount of publisher’s regular charges for insertion of the advertisement in which the error occurred in the issue or issues of Professional BoatBuilder. When changes or copy are not received by closing date, copy run in a previous issue will be inserted at the discretion of the publisher. Short-rate invoice will be issued upon cancellation of contract or when frequency discount cannot be earned. Positioning of advertisements is at the discretion of the publisher. Position requests will be complied with whenever possible, but cannot be guaranteed. No conditions other than those set forth here or in the rate card shall be binding on the publisher unless specifically agreed to in writing by the publisher. The publisher will not be bound by conditions printed or appearing on order blanks or copy instructions which conflict with provisions of this page or the rate card. Space contracts extending into issues where new rates become effective shall not protect advertiser from incurring new rates. Advertisers falling past due in payments to any of our magazines may jeopardize exhibit rights at any of our shows.
Professional BoatBuilder Advertising Department
41 WoodenBoat Lane
P.O. Box 78
Brooklin, Maine 04616–0078
Tel: (207) 359–4651 Fax: (207) 359–8920