Modern Recreational Technologies, a division of RPM Corp
Job Title: Sales & Technical Coating Consultant
Modern Recreational Technologies, a division of RPM Corp, is seeking an experienced Sales and Technical Coatings Consultant for its New York and New Jersey marine segment market team. The Marine Sales & Technical Coating Consultant will be responsible for maintaining and growing our two leading brands (Pettit® and ValvTect®) within the marine segment. The successful candidate will demonstrate excellent sales, customer service, negotiation, and technical paint application skills. This is an excellent opportunity to join a fast-growing team in the marine pleasure craft industry.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Indirect and direct sale of products and services to distributors, boatyards, and retailers and after-market repair business.
- Maintain positive business relationships for long-term industry partnerships.
- Develop strategic business plans with key accounts to drive improved profitability.
- Expedite resolution of customer problems and complaints to maximize customer satisfaction.
- Perform cost-benefit analyses of existing and potential customers.
- Analyze market conditions, trends, and customer needs.
- Coordinate sales efforts and order cycle with other departments.
- Provide training to applicators and service writers at professional boatyards.
- Merchandise national chain and independent retail stores.
- Attend and network at industry trade shows and events.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Experience and Education Required
- 4 Year Degree Preferred
- 3-5 years of previous sales experience in marine or similar industry
- Degree concentration in Marketing, Finance preferred.
- Previous coating application or other technical selling experience
- Previous marine industry working experience.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Excellent selling and negotiation skills
- Tenacity to network and connect with a variety of people.
- Ability to present professional concise business proposals and presentations.
- Knowledge of CRM system
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills are necessary.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
The job requires frequent travel to customers, which includes the necessity for overnight travel considerations. Due to the travel requirement candidates should be comfortable with extended driving time to customer site. Typical job requirements would include the ability to lift 50 lbs. and perform hands on applications of technical coatings in environments that could require regular long hours on their feet, stretching, bending, kneeling.
The work environment for this position varies widely based on the customer segment and business goals. Settings can range from office to dockside business meetings. Candidates should be comfortable in a variety of business settings.
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS (KPI)
- Sales Revenue by territory, by distributor, by key account
- Gross Profit targets
- CSI scoring
- Business objective targets
Email resumes to Chick Michaud, email@example.com.